Want some vegetables in your RTS game? Well, Mushroom Wars 2 releases today on Steam for $14.99 with a 10% launch week discount. At this time it is only on Steam. Nothing about the consoles yet.
Watch the Mushroom Wars 2 Steam launch trailer on YouTube:
In this RTS you play as the Mushroom Commander. You’ll have to choose a hero to lead your army, and take control of the battlefield in a variety of multiplayer modes or challenging single-player campaigns. In order to lead your mushroom fighters to victory, you’ll need fast reflexes, an eye for strategy, and the ability to oversee up to thousands of units at once.
Mushroom Wars 2 comes off the heels of one the hit RTS games of the last generation. Mushroom Wars 2 builds upon its predecessor by introducing hero characters, re-imagined single-player campaigns, co-op and competitive multiplayer, as well as a visual overhaul ― all while preserving the core game-play mechanics that made the original Mushroom Wars popular.
- Short-session RTS battles with up to thousands of Mushroom troops
- Wild cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes for up to 4 players, including 2v2
- Story-driven single-player campaign complete with boss battles
- Fierce hero characters who can turn the tide of battle with special skills
- Full gamepad support and intuitive controls that make large armies easy to command
- A large variety of map configurations and modifiers to keep aspiring Commanders on their toes
- Built-in leagues, ranked matches, replay feature, and spectator mode make it easy to enter the competitive scene
You can buy Mushroom Wars 2 on Steam here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/457730/Mushroom_Wars_2/