Scavengers Studio is running the Darwin Project’s first Closed Alpha Weekend on PC with the end of coverage embargo dark days, the first installment of its Dev Diary video series, and some new details about the game’s future.
You can watch the E3 Trailer of the Darwin Project here:
Timeline for the Event:
- Start: Friday, November 10 @ 9:00am Pacific / Noon Eastern
- End: Sunday, November 12 @ 9:00pm Pacific / Midnight Eastern
Just in time for players to break down the ice-covered gates of this science experiment-turned-reality show, the inaugural Dev Diary sets the backdrop for Darwin Project. Exploring the game’s unique take on the battle royale genre, learn about everything from tracking and hunting to crafting and northern Canada’s extreme weather conditions.
Watch the first Darwin Project Dev Diary on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMsJSzGhQds
Not able to make your debut on the battlefield this weekend? No problem! Scavengers have you covered. Chief survivalist (and game director) Simon Darveau will be on-hand to answer viewers’ questions as part of a special Dev Stream on Twitch. Even better? He’ll be using this as an opportunity to show off Darwin Project’s Show Director feature and give an inside look at what the future holds for it, allowing players to embrace their inner power trip and turn the tide of battle. Be sure to tune in Sunday, November 12 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm Eastern Time for all the juicy details!
Set against a post-apocalyptic backdrop, an impending ice age has kick-started a twisted new reality show, in which participants must fight to the death to earn their survival. Darwin Project offers a competitive multiplayer third-person experience with an emphasis on survival. Players must withstand extreme environmental conditions, track opponents, craft tools, set traps, and negotiate temporary alliances to be the last one standing at sunrise.
Darwin Project kicks off its first PC Closed Alpha Weekend today and is slated to launch on Xbox One and PC in spring 2018. For the latest updates, visit Scavengers Studio’s official website or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Discord, Reddit and Instagram.
Japanese video game publisher, Happinet, today announced that Dodgeball Rising will enter Early Access on Steam on Dec. 14, 2017. Developed by Asakusa Studios, Dodgeball Rising aims to deliver an experience supporting up to six players for fast-paced competition.
The story is set in the Edo Period in Japan — where swords and duels have been banned by the government — Samurai, Ninja, and even Sushi Chefs, gather to settle conflicts and disputes over a game of Dodgeball. With support for up to six-player matches, a wide array of unique Dodgeball warriors from all walks of life, simple controls, and engaging special moves, Dodgeball Rising uses the classic schoolyard activity within an oddball setting.
- A Remarkable Roster: Choose from 11 unique Dodgeball warriors from all walks of life — each with different playstyles and skillsets, including Samurai, Ninja, Sushi Chefs, Kabuki Entertainers, Sumo Wrestlers, and more!
- Become a Hero: Using the different stats, play styles and unique skills of each character, you can become a hero with your own distinctive play style.
- Various Offensive Actions: Work with teammates for consecutive shots, tricks, slow shots and other moves to surprise your opponents and keep them on their toes.
- Arcade Mode: Enter the Ultimate Imperial Dodgeball Tournament in this single-player mode, and unique story for each character.
- Simple Rules: Victory is defined simply by taking down your opponents. Outlast your opponents by playing well on the court.
- Offline and Online Multiplayer: The game can be played locally or online with up to 6 players. AI players can be called in to fill empty slots.
- Amazing Specials: Build up your Rising Gauge to unleash a variety of over-the-top special moves and attacks to defeat your opponents.
You can check out their trailer here:
Today, Square Enix® and Crystal Dynamics® announced enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider® are now available for Microsoft’s Xbox One X in conjunction with the new console’s launch. Players who have already purchased the game for Xbox One can now freely download and experience the new technical features on Xbox One X.
“We’re always pushing ourselves to deliver the highest fidelity experience in our games and we love taking those next steps with any new technology,” said Scot Amos, Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics. “This launch coincides perfectly with our commitment to always offer the best we have as a reward for our dedicated and passionate fans. Providing these awesome new enhancements as a free upgrade enables Xbox players to maximize their Tomb Raiding experience.”
View the Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox One X Enhancements trailer here.
Developed in partnership with long-time partners Nixxes Software, the Xbox One X features include the highest fidelity graphics ever in a Tomb Raider game. The new technical enhancements leverage the full power of Xbox One X and offer visual settings that gamers can tailor to their taste.
“Partnering with Nixxes Software has allowed us to deliver an incredible level of fidelity and immersion,” said Ron Rosenberg, Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics. “They have proven once again that they are masters at getting every ounce of power out of a new platform.”
Xbox One X players can choose from one of three visual modes:
- Native 4K: (full 3840 by 2160) for the highest fidelity resolution
- Enriched Visuals for stunning graphics upgrades
- High Frame Rate for the smooth gameplay
New Xbox One X tech enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider include:
- HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation
- Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos®, for true 3D audio
- Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft®, NPCs, and environments for even more immersive and realistic details
Additional visual enhancements include:
- Improved volumetric lights
- Improved reflections
- Enhanced foliage
- Upgraded polygonal detail
- Improved anti-aliasing
- Amplified texture filtering
In addition to these visual enhancements, current season pass owners who own an Xbox One X will receive all of the new content featured in Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration™. This includes the “Blood Ties” single-player content, co-op play for Endurance mode, “Extreme Survivor” difficulty setting for the main campaign, 20 Year Celebration outfit and gun, and five classic Lara skins. Additionally, all previously released downloadable content such as Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, Endurance Mode, Cold Darkness Awakened, 12 outfits, seven weapons, and 35 expedition cards are available. With over 50 hours of gameplay, this is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience.
A pretty good upgrade from the looks of it. If you haven’t played or finished the game and you got an Xbox One X it may be worth installing the update.