The popular Battle Royale portion of Fortnite has announced their Season 3 Battle Pass. The Battle Pass are purchasable DLC that offers players new gear, and other fun items. Below are the official patch notes from EPIC Games. You can also read them HERE.
60 FPS on Console (Battle Royale)
Experience Fortnite like never before. PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One and Xbox One X now support 60 FPS mode, hand-tuned for each console to provide an extra-smooth gaming experience while maintaining visual fidelity.
Hoverboard (Save the World)
Why run when you can hover? Explore each zone without depleting energy on the Hoverboard.
New Orchestral Music Score! (Save the World)
An entirely new score is premiering in S3, created by film composer Marco Beltrami (Logan, The Hurt Locker, etc.) and Pinar Toprak (Krypton TV series, additional composition for the Justice League film, etc.).
Build Mode Improvements
We’ve hammered down some upgrades… turbo building, automatic material change and more! Check out the Building Improvements! blog here.
It’s big, it’s loud and it packs a punch! Coming to both Battle Royale and Save the World.
- Major Improvements to Building!
- Players can now build structures just about anywhere, even through trees, rocks and cars.
- This allows you more freedom when building (no more pesky trees stopping your ramps).
- Structural support still works the same way — only terrain or other buildings will support your built structures, not objects you build through.
- If you run out of materials while building, you’ll now automatically switch to the next material with available resources.
- You can turn this feature off with the “Auto Material Change” option in the Game Settings menu.
- You can now continuously place the selected building piece by holding down the Primary Fire button.
- You can turn this feature off with the “Turbo Building” option in the Game Settings menu.
- Battle Royale: Switching between building pieces is now much smoother, especially using console controls or under non-ideal network conditions.
- New Orchestral Music Score!
- The score was created by film composer Marco Beltrami (Logan, The Hurt Locker, etc.) and Pinar Toprak (Krypton TV series, additional composition for the Justice League film, etc.). The hour long score was recorded in Nashville with an amazing orchestra.
- Save the World: All music has been updated with an entirely new soundtrack.
- Battle Royale: The Login, Launch, and Lobby menus have updated remixes from the new score.
- Added Color Blind Option
- This can be found in the new “Accessibility” tab in the game’s options.
- There’s a strength indicator so that you can find a level that works best for you.
- This feature is still in development. We’d love to hear your feedback, especially if you’re unable to find a level that makes the colors better for you.
- Holding down the “Interact/Use” button when approaching a chest or downed ally will now automatically perform the action once in range.
- This also works when reviving teammates.
- Messaging now displays when party functionality has degraded due to server issues.
- This includes being able to join parties and send invitations.
- Easy Anti-Cheat protection added to Mac.
- Improved the look & feel of the game window title bar, buttons, and borders on Windows.
- Fixed Auto-Run being canceled when opening the map or inventory screens.
- Inventory icons should no longer get stuck in a selected state after being dragged out of the inventory.
- Improved CPU performance when activating overlaps, such as traps or triggers.
- Optimized grass rendering to improve overall frame rate.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect numbers could be shown if you enabled the “Show Net Stats” HUD option.
Microphones connected to controllers will be muted when changing any audio volume.