Novaquark announced today that its ambitious -scale sci-fi sandbox, Dual Universe, is opening up to new backers with the introduction of Supporter Packs. This expands upon the success of its early crowdfunding campaign. Dual Universe will offer a fully editable, single shard universe, Dual Universe will let players build, explore, conquer, discover and create their entire game playground. Novaquark wants gamers to be at the center of Dual Universe’s development, right from the Pre-Alpha.
Beginning today, Supporter Packs are available for gamers to contribute, as early adopters, and get in at the ground floor and show their support for Dual Universe’s development.
Going hands-on with new features before the public even hears about them, Supporters will have the chance to share their feedback with Novaquark and weigh in on what’s next. In addition to the possibility of accessing the Pre-Alpha tests, Supporters will gain additional benefits like giftable Beta keys, cosmetic items, Dual Access Coupons (DAC), an in-game currency offering up to a year of monthly access to Dual Universe post-launch, and much more.
At the heart of Dual Universe is a truly innovative proprietary technology, which was developed to lay the foundations of the game: the CSSC (continuous single-shard cluster), which manages one single universe with potentially millions of people interacting in it at the same time, with no loading screen: a metaverse. Coupled to this, an innovative voxel engine enables players to physically modify the world; dig a tunnel, carve up a mountain or build anything they want, from cities to spaceships and orbital stations, at any scale they desire. Novaquark is building a virtual world environment meant to welcome millions of people, who will be able to live exciting collective adventures within a vibrant and emergent universe where everything is possible.
This freedom to explore, build, trade and conquer represents the uncompromising vision of scientist and Artificial Intelligence expert Jean-Christophe Baillie, founder of Novaquark and long-time science fiction devotee. Dual Universe picked up early momentum following a successful crowdfunding campaign, earning over a million dollars in funding on both Kickstarter and the official game website. Dual Universe was the 3rd biggest worldwide Kickstarter of 2016 for a video game and has a vibrant community of over 10,000 backers and 1,700 in-game organization communities. Furthermore, since September, backers had the opportunity to participate in 15 playtests already.
About Dual Universe
- UNIVERSE (available in a test version): The first fully editable universe made for players by players. The only limit is your imagination! Gather your friends and build on a truly epic scale, from ships, cities and space stations, to Lua scripted puzzles and interactive constructs.
- MASSIVE (available in a test version): Dual Universe is the first game where potentially millions of players can interact together simultaneously, inside the same giant universe. We call it the Continuous Single Shard Cluster (CSSC) technology. This proprietary technology means no multi-server player separation, instances or loading times, just one enormous, persistent universe.
- EXPLORATION (partially available in a test version): Explore & Discover new worlds with your friends, find rare resources and build the greatest place in the universe. Will you be a nomad treasure hunter or a calculating profiteer?
- ECONOMY (work in progress): Dual Universe will have the most realistic economic system ever made in a game. From weapons and tools to spaceships and giant space stations, build and trade everything to everyone – at your price – on your own market.
- WARFARE (work in progress): Fight for supremacy, resource control or geostrategic advantage, as you join with fellow players and create your own defense systems, build warships, cities and space stations. Will you defend yourself or lay waste to your enemies?
- POLITICS (work in progress): Be a lone wolf or choose an organization or build your own, hire new players, fight other alliances, cut deals with them or rule your own part of the Universe with this completely open political landscape, full of emergent gameplay opportunities.
This title is very ambitious, but seems to be on a solid path. Only time will tell if their ambition matches their execution, but hopefully this can be something special.